It’s cold! Georgia got SLAMMEd with some crazy weather and we’ve been stuck at home for the last few days. (But SO thankful that we were at home safe and sound; there were a lot of fellow Georgians that were not so lucky and they have been in our thoughts and prayers!!!) It’s been an unexpected little mini-staycation filled with a little work, a TON of playing in the snow (obviously) and some cooking!!
These days its rare that i have the time to really hang in the kitchen putting together full and yummy meals, so i took advantage of this time at home and played for a bit! We had chicken tacos, turkey chili, spicy GF cornbread and all sorts of other little snacks and yummies!! I also played around with this fabulous Crustless Quiche recipe. The great thing about this one is you can do so many different versions of it!! Toss in combos of whatever you have laying around and it will be delicious!!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
- handful fresh spinach, chopped (can substitute your favorite fresh green or even frozen)
- handful of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of feta cheese (more if you just love feta!)
- 1 tbsp of flour (substitute with GF flour!)
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- sprinkle of paprika
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Coat a glass pie or baking dish with butter and sprinkle parmesan.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, greek yogurt, milk, spinach, cheddar and feta cheese, flour and nutmeg.
- Stir until blended, pour mixture into pie dish and finish off with parmesan and dash of paprika.
- Bake until golden brown and enjoy!!
Easy peezy and oh so yummy! AND bonus points its filled with protein and all sorts of other good-for-you qualities! Make a batch in small single servings for quick breakfasts on the go too!
Yumm-O (and stay warm!)