I hope you are nice and warm today where ever you are! The weather here in Georgia has been wacky! Sunny and lovely turns to threat of snow back to sunny but with crazy winds…Mother nature can’t seem to make her mind up! We took this Valentine’s weekend to do something a little different then the usual romantic date night…we made it a Get Stuff Done Weekend! This pregnant lady is TIRED after two days of hanging curtains (living room & master bedroom!!!!!!!!), cleaning house, organizing and crossing things off of our to do list!! Felt good to get some of those “we really want to get to that but its not an immediate priority” things done! (for example…I’ve had the curtain panels for our master bedroom sitting in a box waiting to be installed for several months now…YIKES!) Spending the weekend with my honey being productive around the house (and watching him up and down that ladder all day long) was the best V-day present a girl could ask for! I hope you and yours enjoyed whatever it is that makes you feel happy and in love!!!
“When someone else’s happiness is your happiness,that is Love”
Have a fabulous week!!
Valentine’s Day. A day for love! A day devoted to celebrating the people in your life that hold a special place in your heart. For those of you that have followed HSE for a while you may know that Valentine’s Day has taken on a different meaning for me in the last few years. We lost a super special lady on Valentine’s Day several years ago which has changed my perspective on the holiday. It is even more about LOVE then it ever has been. It reminds me to stop and appreciate all of the amazing people in my life. To celebrate the over abundance of love and joy in our lives! This year the blessings are too many to count. I am so excited about the future and know that all of my loved ones, both with us in person and in spirit, are rolling along on this journey with us!
SO on this Valentine’s Day…Celebrate!! Celebrate all of the love in your life. Hold on to the joy you feel and be thankful for all of the amazing blessings this life has to offer us!
Sending you lots of Love and hoping that your Valentine’s day is full Joy!
Feeling hungry? Well this BBQ sauce recipe is so simple to make and so yummy I can promise it will absolutely become a staple in your kitchen! We love some BBQ around here but I was so grossed out when I started reading the ingredient labels of a lot of the popular store bought sauces! So to the internet I went…and found this gem of a recipe. It was simple to put together and oh so delicious! Make a BIG batch…it keeps great in the fridge or even the freezer if you get really ambitious and make a giant batch!!
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 2 organic onions, finely diced
- 6 cloves organic garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 Tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 cans organic tomato sauce (29 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 cups organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/2 cup organic unsulphured black strap molasses
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 3 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1 tablespoon organic smoked paprika
- 2-4 teaspoons (to taste) organic ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- In a large pan, saute the onion and garlic with the coconut oil until the onions are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer the sauce for approximately an hour.
- For a smooth sauce, allow it to cool and then run thru a blender or use a hand blender to mix until the desired consistency is reached.
- To can the sauce, bring it back to a boil and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes. Ladle into 4 hot, sterile pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headroom. Fit with hot, sterile rings and process in a hot water canner for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and test lids.
* To freeze, allow the sauce to cool and then ladle into airtight freezer containers. Freeze the sauce, and take it out in advance to allow it to thaw.
What a beautiful weekend we had here in Georgia! The weather was a spring tease that we might just pay for later…but I don’t care!! It was blue skies and lovely temperatures, just right for being out and about all weekend! We did LOTS of bouncing around, catching up with family, visited with friends and eating some YUMMY food! Such a fun weekend. After all that visiting this pregnant girl may have found her limit. Let’s just say I spent the whole of sunday evening recovering, trading off between the sofa and the ball. (It’s hard to stop when there is so much fun to be had!)
“Be the reason someone smiles today”
Today seemed like a day that we needed something that hits that sweet tooth. (let’s be honest…pretty much every day feels that way…but today even more so!) SO if we are going to satisfy our sweet tooth, we might as well try to do it with a little bit of health mixed in there. Healthy cookies equals guilt free snacking! Have an extra…its good for you!!
Flourless Cranberry Chocolate Chia Cookies
Image & recipe source
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 15 drops liquid stevia (or ¼ cup coconut sugar, optional for sweetness)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cranberries, chopped (I used dried)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional but really lovely)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mash banana in a medium bowl.
- Add almond butter, chia seeds, cacao powder, stevia, vanilla,baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Using wet hands, roll dough into balls and flatten slightly with hands.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until set.
- Store in refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Happy Day after Super Bowl! Hopefully you got some good rest and were able to get moving today!! We had a lovely weekend, doing a little baby sprout preparation, visiting with friends and spending time with family!! No complaints here!! After a pretty chill weekend spent with loved ones, it makes me realize how truly blessed we are. Life has definitely tossed us our share of challenges lately, but when all of that falls to the wayside, there is lots of love and joy in our world and I’m so grateful!! So CHEERS to a beautiful week filled with many moments of joy!!
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
~ Abraham Lincoln