Sometimes you just need a yummy treat…right?!? And what’s even better is when you get that sweet treat fix and its not so horrible for you! These little babies are flourless, packed with protein and super duper yumm-o! (there is a healthy dose of sugar so…let’s not go as far as to say they are healthy…ha!) I especially love them with a little dark chocolate chip in the center…cuz what is not made better with a little bit o’ dark chocolate? AND even a non-baker like myself was able to pull this one off. (be sure to follow step 2 and cool the batter or you will have a sheet tray mess…this comes from personal experience!)
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Stir together all ingredients (batter will be thick and not perfectly smooth)
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, form small mounds of dough on a cookie sheet or plate and refrigerate for 3 hours-isn (Don’t Skip this step…I did the first time and my dough melted into each other and made a giant mess!)
- Preheat oven to 350°. If NOT already on a cookie sheet; place the dough on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten using a fork and add a chocolate chip in the center (if desired). Bake for approx 8 minutes. Cookies will crisp up as they cool so don’t leave them in the oven too long!!
- Cool cookies for about 10 minutes and then…devour!!
P.s. I’m currently doing a no sugar diet…so putting this post together was literally torture…PURE torture!!!